We haveall found ourselves in situations. It might be a partner, friend, co-worker, or a stranger! And if you are someone who enjoys everyone to be pleasant and happy these cases make you uncomfortable. You want to solve the issue and make things better. But how can you make someone who’s mad at you?
4 Steps to Fix the Circumstance
Every circumstance is unique and you will have to determine how to best strategy an upset person in the moment. However techniques and the following tips apply.
1. Don’t RetaliateThe main rule is to prevent retaliation.
No matter what a person does, you can’t attack back. This will create the person more angry. A frequent case of this is because you’ve been driving slower than they would like, when someone cuts you off and also gets angry. This may infuriate them much more if you react by cutting off them.
Never repay an angry action with another action that is angry, as hard as it can be. You need to put your pride aside and move on even though you’re feeling disrespected. Make sure that you don’t come across as sarcastic since an angry individual could infuriate .
2. Show Your AttentionRather than acting mad, show the person that you care about their circumstance. You might realize that angry individuals tend to be that way because they feel misunderstood. Taking the opportunity might be sufficient to change their mindset. Depending on the situation, here are some good lines:
* Would you tell me what’s wrong? Maybe I can help.
* I’m sorry you think that way. Is there something that I could do?
* This should have never happened. How are you feeling?
Small lines like these are enough to get the angry person. You will finally have the ability to help them see the problem.
3. Make Yourself HumanWhen the mad person is directing their malice towards you, then the way to decrease frustration is by making yourself appear more human. Inform them how their rage makes you sense — i.e. scared, confused, or stressed — and also be sure to let them know that you mean no damage on your words or activities.
4. Lighten the MoodYou need to be cautious with this particular technique, but an average individual may be quelled by lightening the mood. Look at flashing a grin, telling a joke, or adding perspective. Knowing when to perform these items will likely get you much in life.
Don’t Let Someone Else Destroy Your DayWhen it is all said and done, it’s not possible that you control someone else’s emotions. A few angry people need to remain angry. If at all possible, don’t let them ruin your day. Pick kindness and you will be the better person.